Dear Beautiful Human,
I hope that you are taking care of yourself in all the ways you can right now. We are sitting in uncertainty and that can be very difficult. We are also experiencing loss. Loss of the lives we used to live, economic loss and also physical loss of loved ones. Now more than ever we need to implement the tools of yoga and Ayurveda to support ourselves through this time of uncertainty and change. In fact that is truly what these wisdom traditions were designed for, to help us navigate change.
Spring is the optimal time of year to cleanse according to Ayurveda as we change seasons. I personally do a kitchari cleanse every year around this time and was planning to do one right around the spring equinox. But everything began to shut down in March and no part of me was interested in cleansing. I needed to adjust to all that was happening and yes, indulge a bit in comfort foods and sweets (boy do I love my sweets). In difficulty, all things comforting are helpful… until they’re not! And now they are officially not. It is time for me to embark on that cleanse and use this time of shelter in place to support myself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Bye bye to the chocolate and evening glass of wine, hello to feeling good, full of prana and clarity.
Will you join me? I have created a daylong virtual spring workshop with the optional chance to cleanse too.
Here is what your Spring Virtual Workshop will include:
- A welcome video on how to prepare, including information on cooking kitchari (not required but a wonderful way to support your experience)
- The morning of the workshop you will have access to an opening lecture and guided meditation to do upon rising. You will make your kitchari or healthy one pot meal, have a light breakfast and be ready for a comprehensive yoga practice.
- We meet via livestream at 930am PT for a two hour asana, pranayama and meditation practice.
- We break for a quiet lunch and possible time in nature, journaling or resting.
- We come back together for an afternoon livestream practice from 330pm PT- 5pm PT.
- Finish your day after dinner with a final pre-recorded video with closing comments and a guided meditation.
If you cannot attend live, all sessions will recorded and posted within the product for you to do at your own timing.
The first 10 students to join will receive a free gayatri mantra tank top from me. You can choose between pink or light blue. (I’m wearing the pink one). Sign up for the Spring Virtual Workshop
FYI Tuesday April 21st & 28th I will be teaching a live class on YogaWorks platform from 12:15pm- 1:10pm PT. It is free to all- here is the link: YogaWorks Live
Join me LIVE this week in my online yoga membership. Use code NikkiGift for a free month for new members.
- Wednesday April 15th at 9:30 am PT This hour long class will be taught all levels and recorded in case you cannot join me live.
- Saturday April 18th 9 am PT This hour long class will be taught all levels and recorded in case you cannot join me live.
Please take good care and support yourself with as much gentleness, compassion and ease as possible. It is a trying time for us all.
Love & Yoga,
PS. If you are interested in a kitchari cleanse and don’t want to hunt for the ingredients in stores (sometimes the mung beans are hard to find), you can order almost everything you need from Banyan Botanicals- here is the link
All YogaWorks studios are closed. Join me online: membership